Sunday, November 30, 2014

New oscilloscope

If you follow both of our blogs, you may know that Kevin has recently organized a home lab and added some new equipment. I've been working on mine as well and I made a different decision regarding oscilloscopes: The Rigol DS1074Z.

I wanted a newer scope with deep memory and advanced trigger modes. I was especially interested in a scope with an Ethernet interface compatible with the VXI-11 standard. I'm hoping to use Python to unify my simulation and testing environments and this scope should help. I've already found an interesting python project, python-vxi11 and used it to communicate with the scope (see Figure 1).

I've also posted a gratuitous picture of my home office/lab to compete with Kevin (Figure 2).

Figure 1. Identify Query and Response from My DS1074Z.

Figure 2. The Scene of the Crime (see And the sparks fly...)

No comments: