Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Simple might be better

I was trying out a few additional manual profiles with my toaster tonight and surprisingly this one looks best:
  • Set the oven to its maximum setting and turn it on
  • After temperature has been above 220C for 30 seconds turn the oven off
  • 60 seconds after turning the oven off open the door
This profile isn't perfect, but it is really close:
  • Peak temperature: 227C
  • Time preheating (between Ts1 and Ts2): 135 seconds
    • spec:  60-120 seconds
  • Time above 219C (Ta): 96 seconds
    • spec: 60-120 seconds
  • Time from ambient to peak temperature: 8 minutes and 14 seconds
    • spec: 8 minutes

Looks like I have a profile.  My new paste should be arrive in a day or two.  Solder paste is supposed to be shipped overnight so that it arrives before the included cold pack warms too much.  I saved a few bucks counting on the polar vortex to keep my paste nice and cool.  Hopefully I won't regret that.

No comments: